According to Google research, the longer it takes for a page to load the more people would abandon a website. Therefore, it is extremely important for a website to be fast. By making use of performance optimization tools like YSlow and other plugins, you can get your website to load more quickly.
But what is even more important is the steps you can take such as removing unnecessary files and scripts, minifying CSS and JS, enabling Gzip compression, and so on. By doing so, you will be able to reduce the file size, which in turn would result in faster website speed.
Following are some simple steps to improve website loading speed. I have used very minimal plugins and it does not require any special skills whatsoever to implement them.
- Disable auto-playing music, flash, and content auto-loaders:- Many websites these days use Java Script in their websites for auto-play of music or videos if a user goes to a particular page or section within the website. But this can cause many problems for older browsers like Netscape/Mozilla and makes pages very slow to load. Also, if you have a lot of content on your website, it will affect the speed of your website. Therefore, it would be prudent to remove this function from the webpage.
- Use only IE-specific layout.- If you are using an HTML layout editor like Dreamweaver or Frontpage, disable any non-IE specific code cells or CSS classes so that websites load faster in all browsers.
- Enable Gzip compression and compression of images.- This might require a bit more effort and usage of additional software but the end result would be worth it.
- Remove unnecessary files from your website.- By removing all the unnecessary files, you will be able to reduce the overall load time of your website.
- Use CSS Minification.- This is a significant step and you will need to use either minifier tools or plugins for it. By minifying all CSS on your site, you will be able to significantly improve the overall website speed especially if your CSS is over 100kb in size and you have more than 10 pages on your website with different layout variants each with their own distinct fonts and colors.
So by doing all the steps mentioned above, you can make your website so fast, but if you can’t handle what we mentioned above then it is time to hire us for taking your website to the maximum level.
Note: Solve-TechnoNet will help you make your website ultra fast with the latest standards and SEO optimizations
Call us or Contact us today and enjoy our services.